Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"You can go, but be back soon"

Another dose of perspective for me, this time a whole host more pleasant. Our beautiful baby daughter made her grand entrance into this world this weekend which meant that for the first time in living memory, I elected not to play cricket for a reason other than serious injury. And what's more, I discovered that life does indeed still go on.

Of course, my pain was eased by the fact that United did not have a game this weekend, thanks to the Cup semis, which meant I just traded one great love for another, rather than being stuck with a 2-for-1 deal. Not that I would have hesitated for a second.

I'm working feverishly on ensuring that she is a devoted Red -- she's only a few days old, but is already showing a strong affinity for the Park and Rooney (white Pele) songs. That, and good old "Hungry, Hungry" which I discovered just now is actually a Dr. Seuss special!

In any case, to explain the title - a couple of emailers asked why I'd stopped posting, so now you know. I get the feeling I'll be back to it pretty soon, what with being the paranoid dad who sits awake at 3am watching his sleeping daughter!

No comments: