Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Wisden struggling for original content?

A few times now I've noticed that I'll raise a point in my blog, and in the next couple of days, an article appears on Wisden CricInfo making the precise same point. For some reason, they only seem to get there after I do. I've used that to make myself feel good about former colleagues stealing my ideas (which may or may not be true of course, but keeps me happy nevertheless!).

Now it's gone a step further! The great almanack has gone and put one of my thoughts in print! A few weeks ago, I commented on the way captains are vilified for fielding first and not taking wickets, but not for batting first and not scoring runs. I now read that inside the yellow dust-jacket this year, lies an article by Rahul Bhattacharya, making the same point. What are the odds that he came up with that all by himself?

I will leave it as an exercise for the reader (both of you) to determine just how facetious I am being!

No comments: